oneworld connect partners provide select alliance benefits to frequent flyers from any oneworld member airline travelling on their flights, with a more extensive range of benefits offered with a subset of oneworld member airlines, known as their "oneworld sponsors".
Customers with Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby status in any oneworld member airline’s frequent flyer programme will be able to use priority check-in desks, where available. Also, customers with Emerald or Sapphire status will be offered priority boarding.The additional benefits offered by oneworld connect partners to customers from their oneworld sponsors and vice versa include:
- Through check-in of passengers and their baggage for journeys including connections between a connect carrier and any of its oneworld sponsors.
- The ability to earn and redeem frequent flyer rewards, and earn frequent flyer status points, for eligible flights. (For customers from oneworld connect airlines, these benefits depend on the oneworld connect partner offering a frequent flyer programme.)
- Access to select lounges at key airports for First or Business Class passengers or those with eligible top-tier frequent flyer status.
Select other customer benefits may also be offered between oneworld connect partners and their oneworld sponsor airlines.
The first oneworld connect partner, Fiji Airways, joined on 5 December 2018.
Its oneworld sponsors are American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas.Fiji Airways es la compañía de transporte aéreo de bandera de Fiji y el Pacífico Sur.
- Presta servicio a 21 destinos en 13 estados y territorios, incluyendo los centros de oneworld en Sídney, Hong Kong, Los Ángeles y Tokio.
- Su inclusión en oneworld agregará siete territorios, su casa Fiji y los estados vecinos del Pacífico Sur: Kiribati, Islas Salomón, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu y Samoa occidental, y nueve destinos al mapa de oneworld, fortaleciendo la posición de oneworld como la alianza líder que presta servicio al Pacífico Sur.
The group operates fleet of 16 aircraft, including four Airbus A330 and five next generation Boeing 737s, offering a two-class Business and Economy product on most international routes, including seats that convert to lie-flat beds on long-haul.
- Benefits are only available when travelling on flights that are both operated and marketed by Fiji Airways and its sponsors. Quedan excluidos los vuelos operados y comercializados por Fiji Link.
- Benefits to customers from British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas will be phased in from 5 December 2018.
- A date late in the first quarter of 2019 for when these benefits will be available to customers from American Airlines will be announced in due course.
- The ability for British Airways Executive Club members to redeem Avios points on Fiji Airways and for Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club members to earn or redeem club points or earn tier status points on Fiji Airways will be available shortly after 5 December 2018, from a date to be announced in due course by the airlines concerned.
- For detailed frequent flyer accrual and redemption rules, visit American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and/or Qantas websites.
- Benefits are only available when travelling on flights that are both operated and marketed by American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific or Qantas and where lounge access is offered.
- For lounge access policy details and a list of eligible lounges, visit British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Qantas, American Airlines and/or Fiji Airways websites.
oneworld connect lounge access
Consiéntase antes de partir cuando viaje en oneworld connect con Fiji Airways y un patrocinador de oneworld, ya sea British Airways, Cathay Pacific o Qantas Airways. Eligible customers will have access to a select number of global lounges as shown in the table below. For full terms and conditions please see oneworld’s lounge access policy