oneworld now offers round-the-world southern hemisphere ticket01 de diciembre de 2016
oneworld® is offering a new version of its oneworld Explorer round-the-world fare – for travel solely in the southern hemisphere.
It follows the recent launch of services by LATAM Airlines between Brazil’s Sao Paulo and South Africa’s Johannesburg – making a circumnavigation of the globe south of the equator possible on oneworld member airlines for the first time.
Qantas links Johannesburg with Sydney and its extensive Australasian network. Both LATAM and Qantas link Sydney with Santiago, with an option of a stop in New Zealand - and then on to LATAM's unmatched South American network.
oneworld Explorer’s new three-continent version is available for sale from select countries in the southern hemisphere – including Australia, Brazil, Chile, South Africa and New Zealand.
It includes flights on a South West Pacific–Africa-South America-South West Pacific routeing, flying in a westwards or eastwards direction – with flights included within each continent. oneworld is the only airline alliance with an Australia-based member airline, in Qantas.
Unlike other round-the-world fares, oneworld Explorer’s price is based on the number of continents you visit, not the distance you fly, making planning and pricing your journey much more simple and flexible.
Prices of this new three-continent version of oneworld Explorer (excluding taxes and other charges) start from, for travel starting in
- Australia and the South West Pacific – AUD 3,299 Economy, AUD 10,499 Business Class.
- South Africa – ZAR 21,560 Economy, ZAR 80,460 Business Class.
- South America, excluding Brazil – USD 3,200 Economy, USD 8,600 Business Class.
- Brazil – USD 3,300 Economy, USD 8,100 Business Class.
The alliance’s member airlines serve almost 70 destinations in Australia and the South West Pacific, around 120 in South America and nearly 50 in Africa – and more than 1,000 in 150 plus countries worldwide.
You can plan and book your oneworld Explorer round-the-world trip online, and find full details, at https://oneworld.com/flight-search
oneworld offers the widest range of alliance fares. Besides round-the-world fares, it also provides a variety of options for visiting several or just one continent.
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. They include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more a thousand airports in 150 plus countries, with 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry some 550 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 130 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. Los viajeros más regulares (Emerald) también pueden usar el paso rápido por las filas de seguridad en ciertos aeropuertos.
oneworld is the world’s most highly prized global airline group, with more “best alliance” awards than its competitors combined, including currently:
- FlightStats’ On-Time Performance Award 2015 for the third time running.
- Business Traveller’s 2016 Best Airline Alliance, for the fourth year running.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2015, for the 13th consecutive year.
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2016 GT Tested Reader Survey Award – for the seventh year in a row.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2015 Awards – for the third year running.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2015 Best in Business Travel Awards.