oneworld names Mairead Ryan as Market Development Manager Europe21 October 2010
oneworld®, the leading quality global airline alliance, has named Mairead Ryan to the new position of Regional Market Development Manager Europe.
This expands on her current brief as Market Development Manager Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands, adding responsibility for supporting the alliance's sales and marketing activity in France, Italy, Scandinavia and Switzerland.
The overall aim is to increase market share in the region for oneworld and its members - American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Finnair, LAN Airlines, Malév Hungarian Airlines, Mexicana, Qantas and Royal Jordanian, plus their 20 of affiliate carriers - working with these airlines' own commercial teams in the region.
Her new appointment comes as oneworld moves alliance activity up a gear in what is becoming a breakthrough year for the group, with:
American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia launching their transatlantic joint business this month, offering customers even more and better services and enabling oneworld to compete more effectively with its rival alliances.
- Russia's leading domestic carrier S7 Airlines on track to join on 15 November, expanding substantially the alliance's network in the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Germany's Air Berlin and India's Kingfisher Airlines both signing as oneworld members elect. These two recruits will also substantially expand the alliance's network in these two key regions.
- Japan Airlines expanding its co-operation with its oneworld partners since reaffirming its membership of the alliance in February, filing days later with American Airlines for anti-trust immunity for a joint business across the Pacific and more than doubling its code-sharing with British Airways, expanding consumer choice and travel flexibility.
- LAN Airlines celebrating its 10th anniversary as a oneworld member on 1 June. Since joining, it has added to the grouping its affiliates in Argentina, Ecuador and Peru.
oneworld adding the World Airline Awards' World's Best Alliance title to the World Travel Awards' World's Leading Airline Alliance trophies it has won for the past seven years, as the only winner of that award since it was introduced in 2003.
Mairead will remain based in Amsterdam, reporting to oneworld Vice-President Commercial Nicolas Ferri.
She said: "This is a momentous time for oneworld as we add new airlines expanding our network substantially in key strategic regions of the world and with our established member airlines working more closely together to deliver even better services and value to our customers. I'm thrilled at the prospect of working with my colleagues across our carriers to capitalize on these initiatives to enable us to win more customers and business in all these key markets."
A print-quality portrait photo of Mairead can be downloaded from http://www.oneworld.com/news
oneworld brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business - American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malév Hungarian Airlines, Mexicana, Qantas and Royal Jordanian, and around 20 affiliates including American Eagle, Dragonair, LAN Argentina, LAN Ecuador and LAN Peru. Russia's S7 Airlines will join the alliance on 15 November 2010 with Air Berlin and India's Kingfisher Airlines also members elect. Entre ellas, estas aerolíneas:
- Serve almost 900 airports in nearly 150 countries, with some 9,500 daily departures.
- Offer more than 550 airport lounges for premium customers.
- Carry 340 million passengers a year.
- Operate a combined fleet of almost 2,500 aircraft.
- Generate around US$90 billion annual revenues in total.
oneworld enables its members to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. These include a broader route network, opportunities to earn and redeem frequent flyer miles and points across the combined oneworld network and more airport lounges. oneworld also offers more alliance fares than any of its competitors.
oneworld was named the World's Best Alliance in the 2010 World Airline Awards and has been voted the World's Leading Airline Alliance for the past seven years in the World Travel Awards. It is the only winner of this award since it was introduced in 2003.