oneworld is millennials’ favourite airline alliance again13 July 2018
Millennials have voted oneworld® the best airline alliance for the third time, confirming its position as the world’s most highly prized airline alliance.
oneworld has been named Favorite Airline Alliance in The Trazees awards, presented by Trazee Travel, the web publication focused on travellers aged 18-35, from FXExpress Publications, Inc., the company behind Global Traveler and whereverfamily.com
It is the second year running that oneworld has received this honour – and the third time since the award was introduced four years ago.
Among oneworld members flying high in The Trazees’ individual airline categories, American Airlines took two awards – as Favorite International Airline and Favorite Airline Website – while Qatar Airways was honoured as Favorite Airline in the Middle East for the third year running.
Reader nominations were collected December 2017 to March 2018 via an online ballot on Trazee Travel. For full details, see trazeetravel.com
Regaining the Trazees award means that oneworld is the current holder of six “best airline alliance” titles, alongside:
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2017 GT Tested Reader Survey awards – for the eighth year in a row.
- FlightStats’ Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for 2017, for the fifth year running.
- Business Traveller’s 2017 Best Airline Alliance for the fifth consecutive year.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2017 Best in Business Travel Awards, for the third year running.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2017 for the 15th year running.
oneworld also holds both awards presented to global alliances for the quality of the in-flight wines served by their member airlines – winning Global Traveler’s Wines on the Wing award multiple times and Business Traveller’s Cellars in the Sky award nine years running.
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. oneworld members include American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. Fiji Airways is to link to the alliance as its first oneworld connect partner. As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more than 1,000 airports in 150 plus territories, with some 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry almost 550 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate more than US$ 130 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. Los viajeros más regulares (Emerald) también pueden usar el paso rápido por las filas de seguridad en ciertos aeropuertos.