oneworld is Business Traveller’s best alliance for fourth year in a row04 October 2016
oneworld® has been named Best Airline Alliance for the fourth year in a row in the 2016 Business Traveller awards – confirming oneworld’s position as the most highly prized global airline alliance.
oneworld is the current holder of six of the leading “best airline alliance” titles available in the various industry award schemes. Besides the Business Traveller title, oneworld is also currently holder of:
- FlightStats’ On-Time Performance Award 2015 for the third time running.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2015, for the 13th consecutive year.
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2015 GT Tested Reader Survey Award – for the sixth year in a row.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2015 Awards – for the third year running.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2015 Best in Business Travel Awards.
oneworld member airlines also flew high in Business Traveller’s 2016 awards individual airline categories. British Airways took three trophies – as Best Shorthaul Airline, Best Frequent Flyer Programme, and Best Airport Lounge, for its Concorde Room at its London Heathrow Terminal 5 base.
Qatar Airways made two trips to the winners’ podium – for Best Business Class and Best Middle Eastern Airline – while American Airlines was named Best North American Airline.
The awards, presented at a ceremony in London, are based on a survey of the leading UK magazine's readers, as analysed by an independent market research company. Business Traveller describes them as "completely independent and widely seen as the leading accolades in the business travel industry".
To see the full results, go to businesstraveller.com
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. They include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more a thousand airports in 150 plus countries, with 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry some 550 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate more than US$ 130 billion in annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. Los viajeros más regulares (Emerald) también pueden usar el paso rápido por las filas de seguridad en ciertos aeropuertos.