oneworld training academy now available in six languages27 de enero de 2014
• Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish versions added to existing English
• Travel agents can earn a ‘diploma' in selling round-the-world fares
• Online modules deliver fun and informative training in key aspects of oneworld
oneworld®, the leading quality airline alliance, now offers its online training modules for travel agents in six languages, with the addition of versions in Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese and Spanish alongside the established English.
The oneworld Academy offers e-learning tools to enable travel agents the world over to learn all about the key aspects of the alliance. It is available now – at oneworld.com/travelagent
Its first module focusses on oneworld's portfolio of consumer fare products – the widest range offered by any global alliance – but with an emphasis on its flagship oneworld Explorer round-the-world (RTW) fare.
The aim of this fun and informative online module, which should take no more than 30 minutes to complete, is to equip travel agents to sell these fares confidently and correctly.
It leads the participant through a series of oneworld product lessons, with engaging interactive exercises, video, text and images. It covers all the command entries needed to book these fares through all the key GDSs (global distribution systems, like Amadeus, Sabre, etc.) and shows how oneworld Explorer's online travel planner can help build and price a round-the-world itinerary quickly and easily.
It also gives an introduction to oneworld's other fare products – which include a second round-the-world offering, tickets offering travel through several continents without actually circumnavigating the globe and passes for travel in virtually every continent.
Those successfully completing the module can download and print off a diploma certificate proclaiming them a "oneworld Explorer round-the-world specialist".
oneworld Director Sales José María Alvarado said: "There is quite a wide-spread myth in the travel industry that round-the-world fares are complicated products to sell and book. The oneworld Academy knocks that firmly on the head by showing how quick, easy and simple oneworld Explorer and our other fares are to work with."
The oneworld Academy will add other modules, focusing on other aspects of the alliance, later.
oneworld is an alliance of the world's leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. oneworld member airlines include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian and S7 Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. TAM and US Airways will join on 31 March 2014 and SriLankan Airlines soon after.
Entre ellas, estas aerolíneas:
- Serve almost a thousand airports in 150 countries, with more than 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry some 480 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of almost 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 140 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 600 airport lounges. Los viajeros más regulares (Emerald) también pueden usar el paso rápido por las filas de seguridad en ciertos aeropuertos y los límites adicionales de equipaje.
oneworld is currently the holder of an unprecedented seven leading international awards for airline alliances - named World's Best Airline Alliance in the 2013 World Airline Awards by the independent Skytrax airline quality ratings agency, Best Airline Alliance in the 2013 Business Traveller Awards and the Premier Traveler Best of 2013 Awards, the Best Airline Alliance by Global Traveler in its GT Tested Reader Survey 2013 Awards for the fourth year running, the World's Leading Airline Alliance in the 2013 World Travel Awards for the 11th year running, Australian Business Traveller Best Airline Alliance in 2012 for the second year running, and FlightStats Airline Alliance On-Time Performance 2012 winner, in what was believed to have been the first time a punctuality award has been presented to any global airline alliance.
About oneworld's alliance fares
oneworld is the market leader for alliance fares and sales products, offering a wider range than any other global alliance. It has pioneered some of the most innovative, flexible and attractively priced alliance fares available – and was the first to sell any of them on-line. With something for anyone interested in making an extensive journey - from top executives on a trip right around the world to a backpacker exploring one continent or more – they include:
- oneworld Explorer: One of the most popular, simple, flexible and attractively priced round-the-world fares available in the market. Prices are based on class of travel (Economy, Premium Economy where available, Business or First) and, uniquely, the number of continents visited - rather than mileage of the overall trip. Esto permite que la planificación del viaje sea tan simple y flexible como sea posible, brindando excelentes precios. Flights can be on any of the oneworld carriers. oneworld Explorer is the obvious choice for anyone planning a global journey including sectors "Downunder" with oneworld's Qantas the only member of a global alliance operating a full domestic network within Australia. oneworld Explorer was the first multi-airline round-the-world fare bookable on-line.
- Global Explorer: Another round-the-world fare, but this time based on the distance flown - and including some airlines which are not members of oneworld – including member elect SriLankan, plus Aer Lingus, Alaska Airlines, Fiji Airways, Meridianafly, WestJet and some flights operated by Air Tahiti Nui, Jetstar and South African Airlines, extending the destinations covered still further.
- Circle Explorer: Similar to oneworld Explorer, but does not require travel to North or South America, so you can fly halfway around the globe and then back again, without actually circumnavigating the planet (for example London-Hong Kong-Sydney-Johannesburg-London).
- Circle Pacific: Another Explorer variant, this time for trips around the Pacific Ocean, covering Australia/NZ, Asia and North and South America (for example, Los Angeles-Tokyo-Sydney-Los Angeles).
- Circle Asia and South West Pacific: Covering North East and South East Asia and the South West Pacific.
- Circle Atlantic: Covering Europe and the Middle East, North and South America.
- Visit Passes: Offering multi-sector flights on any oneworld carrier in a specific continent (Africa, Middle East, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, and also within Japan and Malaysia). They offer a great value way to travel around a region. oneworld is the only alliance to offer this sort of pass covering all six continents, excluding Antarctica. Prices are based on the number of sectors selected and their length.
For more details, see http://www.oneworld.com/flights/round-the-world-fares