oneworld is Trazees’ favorite airline alliance
oneworld® has collected its seventh “best airline alliance” award of the year, confirming its position as the world’s most highly prized airline alliance.
Its latest honour is as The Trazees Favorite Airline Alliance, presented at a ceremony on the sidelines of the 2017 Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) convention, the biggest gathering of business travel buyers this year, taking place in Boston, USA.
The Trazees are presented by Trazee Travel, the web publication focussed on travellers aged between 18 and 35, from the Global Traveler group.
Among oneworld members flying high in The Trazees’ individual airline categories, Qatar Airways was honoured as Favorite Airline in the Middle East for the second year running.
Nominations for The Trazees were collected from the web publication's contributors, as well as via an online ballot completed by Trazee Travel readers. Final winners were selected by a panel of Trazee Travel and FX Express Publications, Inc. management.
The Trazee trophy will join the six other “best airline alliance” awards already taking pride of place on oneworld’s mantelpiece, as current holder of:
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2016 GT Tested Reader Survey – for the seventh year in a row.
- FlightStats’ Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for 2016, for the fourth year running.
- Business Traveller’s 2016 Best Airline Alliance for the fourth year running.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2016 Best in Business Travel Awards, for the second consecutive year.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2016 for the 14th year running.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of Travel Awards – for the third year running.
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. They include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates.
As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more than a thousand airports in 150 plus countries, with 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry some 550 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 130 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports.