Circle Trip Explorer
Explore the world one continent at a time
Visit multiple continents without having to fly all the way around the world with oneworld® Circle Trip Explorer. Offering superb choice and flexibility, oneworld's Circle Trip Explorer fare uses four continents as stepping stones for your journey:
- Africa (excluding Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Sudan and Tunisia)
- Asia (including the South Asian subcontinent, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia east of the Urals, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan)
- Europe/Middle East (including Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Russia west of the Urals, Sudan and Tunisia)
- South West Pacific (including Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia and Papua New Guinea)
Plan your trip
With the freedom to select your route, plan your stopovers, choose your class of travel and even change your itinerary, a oneworld Circle Trip Explorer fare offers ultimate flexibility.
The following information will help you plan your Circle Trip Explorer journey.
- Your Circle Trip Explorer fare is based on the class of service you choose to fly1 and the number of oneworld continents you visit or pass through (including your continent of origin and any continent in which you transfer).
- Circle Trip Explorer uses the services of airberlin, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas2, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian Airlines, S7 Airlines, SriLankan Airlines and their affiliates.
- Your journey must include at least three oneworld continents, one of which needs to be Africa.
- Your journey from one continent to another must occur in a continuous clockwise or anti-clockwise direction, but you are free to roam within a continent.3
- You may fly up to 16 flight segments on your trip. Travel between two airports by surface transportation will count as one flight segment.4
Flights and stopovers
- After departing from your continent of origin, you can take up to four internal flights to explore each of the other continents.5
Class of travel
- You can book a oneworld Circle Trip Explorer fare in first, business or economy class.1
- For an additional cost, you can also purchase a Circle Trip Explorer fare in the Premium Economy cabins of British Airways (World Traveller Plus), Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines and Qantas.
- You may return to your point of origin after a minimum of 10 days.6
- You have up to 12 months to complete your trip.
- You can make reservations any time prior to departure and leave subsequent flights open-dated, giving you the flexibility to schedule your trip as you go.7
- Your reservations and ticketing can be handled by any participating oneworld member airline.8
- At oneworld, we understand that your plans can change. That is why your Circle Trip Explorer fare allows you to alter your travel arrangements before or during your trip.9
- If you are a member of any oneworld member airline's frequent flyer programme, you can earn points on eligible oneworld Explorer flights9 and enjoy frequent flyer privileges throughout your trip.10
With hundreds of destinations to choose from, every Circle Trip Explorer trip is unique. However, we have prepared some sample itineraries to give you an idea of the possibilities.
Sydney – Johannesburg – Hong Kong – Bangkok – Kuala Lumpur – Sydney
Sydney – Hong Kong – Doha – Frankfurt– London – Cape Town – Johannesburg – Sydney
Book your trip
For ease and convenience, you can book your entire Circle Trip Explorer journey with a single oneworld member airline, regardless of how many oneworld flights you take.
Terms and conditions
- If an aircraft serving part of your itinerary does not offer first or business class, customers will be booked into a lower-class cabin. On American Airlines services within/between the U.S. and Canada, where no business class is offered, business-class passengers may book and travel in first class subject to availability. Mileage and tier points can only be accrued from eligible fares in the cabin flown.
- Jetstar flights can also be included when booked as a Qantas flight number. Itineraries with Jetstar (JQ) segments can only be ticketed by oneworld carriers that have interline agreements with the airline - American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qantas, Qatar Airways and Royal Jordanian. Plans are being developed to extend the arrangement to itineraries being ticketed by other oneworld member airlines. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes can earn mileage rewards on eligible Qantas-coded Jetstar flights using these fares once their frequent flyer programme host airline has implemented interline links with Jetstar. Currently, this applies to American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qantas and Royal Jordanian. Please contact your frequent flyer programme for more details.
- No more than two Europe/Middle East flights may be used for journeys between the UK and the following: Albania, Algeria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Israel, Libya, Middle East, Morocco, Romania, Russia west of the Urals, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine. The same city pairs cannot be flown more than once in the same direction.
- Travel between two airports by surface transportation counts as one flight segment. A maximum of 16 flight and surface segments will be permitted for the entire journey. Intermediate surface sectors between two airports are permitted at passenger's expense. Surface sectors must be included in the total mileage.
- Local fees may apply when you book subsequent flights.
- oneworld member airlines offering Circle Trip Explorer fares include airberlin, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian Airlines, S7 Airlines, SriLankan Airlines and their affiliates.
- For changes or cancellations before the start of your journey, please contact the member airline that issued your e-ticket. If you need to make changes to your itinerary during your journey, please contact the member airline you are flying with on your next segment. Changes to your first international flight are not permitted less than seven days prior to the date of the first ticketed flight. Please note that change fees and/or service fees may apply to any itinerary change or cancellation.
- Class of travel restrictions apply. Some programmes exclude earning in economy class. Check with your programme for details. Each oneworld alliance airline reserves the right to change its frequent flyer programme rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers, and to end its frequent flyer programme in accordance with its relevant frequent flyer programme rules. Miles/points may be earned only on purchased, published fares.
- At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints. Access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is with a oneworld airline. Access may not apply at a limited number of third party operated lounges.
- oneworld Circle Trip Explorer is available on scheduled flights that are both operated and marketed by a oneworld airline, or on a oneworld member airline affiliate. (Marketed means there must be a oneworld airline flight number on the ticket.)
- All information, routings, available destinations and fares are subject to change without notice. These fares are limited to availability and capacity control. Some penalties may apply concerning rebookings, reroutings, cancellations and refunds.
- All destinations you wish to travel to must be stated at time of purchase, before departure from country of origin. Local service fees may apply for booking open-dated segments.
- Children and infants: Children pay 75%. Infants pay 10%.
- The carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo is subject to the conditions of carriage and regulations of the carriers concerned, copies of which may be requested from each oneworld airline.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply. Please contact your travel agent or participating oneworld member airline if you have further questions.
All information is up-to-date as of 1 May 2014. Subject to change without notice.